Monday, July 28, 2008

New Glasses


I picked up my glasses today. Thank god, I can finally see! But it turned out to be a pretty eventful day. Certainly more than I bargained for!! I stopped to pick up my glasses, which was a project because I had to get Camden into the Mei Tai and walk up two flights of office building stairs. By the time I go to the second floor I remembered how out of shape I really am. LOL Then I had to wait 15 minutes for someone to "see" me and give me my glasses basically. I have never seen an eye doctors office work so strange. They have the Doctor and the eye glasses sections in almost two different offices. So strange. Then off we went to go pay the power bill at the ghetto looking check cashing place. EEK! Mind you, Camden has taken a 10 minute cat nap in between all this. That is ALL he has slept. He is getting cranky and pissed off. So I call my mom to see if she has had lunch yet, sure she has! My luck right? So I head over to her house to make myself a sandwich before I head back home. I pull up her street and there is this strange car in her drive way. Huh? What the heck? I walk in the house and head out the back door onto the patio and there is my Aunt Val. Lovely! Well that was fun to say the least. Now here we are, almost 3 pm and Camden still hasn't taken much of a nap. He is pissy and I head out to come home. Finally he falls asleep in the car, and now he is out cold in his swing. He is going to go down for the count early tonight.

I love it how I set out to do a couple quick chores and it turns into this huge project. Story of my life right?

2 comments:

mom2natnkatncj said...

It's never easy with kids is it Danielle ;). Was seeing your Aunt Val a bad thing? You sound a little upset that she was there. Or were you just hoping to make a quick stop off for food and then head home?

Anonymous said...

I love the glasses and new haircut...