Sunday, May 16, 2010

Tall Ships

Growing up, every Sunday morning in the spring and summer time, my father would bring me to Captains Cove to see the ships, have a donut, and let my Mom sleep in.It became a tradition, so when I had my own children, I wanted to be able to bring them to Captains Cove to learn about the ships just as I had.

Growing up, the HMS Rose was always docked there. Since then someone purchased it, and it is now sailing around the world somewhere.This weekend the HMS Bounty, from the movie Mutiny on the Bounty is docked at Captains Cove, and I brought the kids with my parents down there to check out the "big ship" and Camden loved it!
The dock & The Bounty

The Bounty

Camden & I

My Dad (Grandpa Momo)

Camden the PirateBen enjoying some ice cream

Camden and my mom before dinner.

Overall we had a great time. We saw some people we all knew. A girl I went to high school with, friends of the family. It was a great time!

No comments: