Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pregnancy Update...

Well this past Sunday marked 23 weeks, and I am just another 3 days away from being 24 weeks... which means we have hit viability! God forbid anything happened to bring this one on early, we would be on the safer side of things... although I am sure she will be stubborn like Camden and stay as long as she pleases.

This also marks roughly 15 weeks until she is here. The more I play the numbers in my head with all I want and need to get done, the more I feel like I am starting to freak out.

Today Camden and I listened to her heartbeat while Ben was napping and we talked about his little sister, and he said he was going to be her big protector. It melted my heart.

I have a long list of stuff that needs to get done, and then a couple things I would like to get done before she comes. One of those things is actually picking out a name for her... LOL

  • Make my own Wooden Owl Shelves for her room (Thank you Etsy for the idea, but I am not spending $70+ on three shelves I can make!)
  • Buy an Infant Car seat
  • Invest in a New Stroller (this is one of those... I would like to do, but just maybe)
  • Buy her clothes (Which I think I have been doing pretty good at!)
  • Finish her room... and by this I mean we have everything to do still... Empty it, paint it, build the crib, decorate... e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g!
  • Wash all the bedding for the co-sleeper
  • Organize my desk and bedroom... anyone want to help with that?
  • Buy a crib mattress...
  • Build the swing, bouncer, etc...
Needless to say, my to-do list is starting to freak me out... I haven't been able to cross anything off of it recently and it is starting to really bother me...

In other pregnancy related news, I think I am getting PUPPPS again. It is a skin condition that really there is no cure for but delivery. I had it with Camden and it sucked big time... I am praying it is only a small rash that is going to go away, but with my history... I am not too optimistic.

Also, I am starting to find it hard to get comfortable at night again... the constant pelvic pain is killing me. I think I am going to be trading in my bed for the couch soon... That is the only place I could get comfortable with Ben.

A lot of complaining right? Overall I feel good though... No sickness, I am slowly starting to get my energy back... and when I take a shower and get dressed, I feel like a million bucks! If I could only do that daily right? Haha!

As for this snow, I will be glad when it starts to get a little warm out again and we can get out of the house on a constant basis...

Oh, and an update with a picture from my 365 photo project for today... The "before" picture of the nursery...

2 comments:

mom2natnkatncj said...

Okay, so seriously trying to make you feel better here while also making myself completely panic. You actually might be more prepared should you have a baby today than I am and I seriously could have this baby today, lol. I'm 36 weeks today and I have clothes and a place for her to sleep and that's it. Still no way to bring her home because one I don't have the money just yet to get the carseat and two hubby and I can't decide on what we want. I do have my room organized, but am still waiting on hubby to put those blankets and sheets away. And I only have about 10 outfits for the baby. Enough to start her off with though and a take home outfit which is now in the washing machine. All this to say you've got plenty of time to get this all done and no reason to panic. It will all work out.

mom2natnkatncj said...

Oh yeah and I forgot we have no name picked out either, lol. We have a few names we've been throwing around, but I've resolved myself to having to meet this little one before I actually name her.