Thursday, November 12, 2009

Neglected Blog

Today when I read my best friend's blog about her daughter being a month old, I realized how much I really neglect this blog. I am not sure how many people actually take the time to read our blog or even care, but I figured that I should at least make a valid effort.
I changed the background, and added a couple little personal touches in order to help revive the blog itself, as it has been pretty boring in the past.

This week, myself, and my two boys are battling some kind of stomach bug. I am sure we picked it up over the weekend. It has been festering in Camden, but today it struck me and Ben like a ton of bricks. While the kids are still in semi good spirits, I am not. I was not happy about being awakened at 3am by a toddler throwing up on me. Good times!

This past weekend we brought Camden to his first real "friend" birthday party for his best friend Michael. We met Michael through his father who is also a fireman at Echo Hose.People tell us all the time that they could be brothers and sometimes, we can really see it!

What else is going on in the wonderful world of Elwood? Benjamin had his first solid foods this week. We started with Squash, and he loved it, ate the whole serving and got it all over himself. I can't believe he is 6 months old already, it seems like yesterday he was born.

Doesn't he look like he really enjoyed that? Heck, I would probably enjoy anything if I was given nothing but liquids, and you would too!

I have been thinking back to Camden and Benjamin's births a lot lately, so I decided to put my thoughts, feelings, experiences, and emotions into a video project after finishing the What is ICAN national video which was published last week.
If you want to watch the below video, make sure you have 9 minutes and some tissues, its sappy to say the least.

My Birth Journeys from Danielle Elwood on Vimeo.

But all in all, not a lot of exciting stuff is going on with our family. The Holidays are coming and I am trying to coax my husband into letting me put the Christmas tree up and I am failing miserably. Maybe I will update again when we have the tree up and I can post some cute pictures of it?

No comments: