Monday, February 8, 2010

The Nightmare Night

Last night turned into a nightmare in more way than one. Camden and I made our way to bed around 10pm, like usual and he fell right asleep. Nothing out of the ordinary...

12:45am he wakes up crying.
So I comfort him and get him back to sleep, or at least I thought he was going back to sleep.
1am he is up again whining... and does not want to go back to sleep for anything.
He is asking for juice, Daddy, his friend Michael, everything under the sun.
I was half asleep trying to figure out what was really going on.

So finally around 2am I get Will and tell him that he needs to come in and lay down with Camden.
So Daddy to the rescue... or so I thought.
He continued on, whining, crying, asking for me even though I was right there, asking for Daddy, Lala, Ole... everyone... No sleep in sight.

So I figured if I rolled over and ignored him, then he would go back to sleep, like he normally does if I just roll over.

NOPE! Wasn't having that either!

Next thing you know Daddy's alarm clock is going off for work, so he has to get up and get dressed to leave. Camden erupts in hysterics because he doesn't want Daddy to go anywhere.. LOVELY! We are not having a full blown meltdown at 5:30am.

Finally as I hear Ben waking up at 6:45am... I look at Camden and he is out cold. Lovely, now Ben is up for the day, and I have been up since 12:45am with about 3 hours of sleep.

Needless to say, it has been a long day for all of us!

No comments: