Monday, February 1, 2010

When Bad Things Happen to Good People....

Most know in recent months we have been having car issue, after car issue, after car issue. Finally we got a second car, and then started having issues with that car. Which all came to a head tonight... My husband's fire company got toned out for a possible structure fire (which was really those electric Christmas candles in someones window, but that is a whole other story in itself) so he threw on his shoes, and off he went.

He got 10-15 houses down the street from our home and SNAP.. THUG THUG THUG THUG BUMP POP SNAP SCRAPE GRIND GRIND GRIND.... SHIT!

Some pin or something fancy which I know NOTHING about SNAPPED! Lovely, this means a costly repair, a day off from work to get it fixed, a tow (thank god we are AAA members!) and a moment of hysterics on my part insisting DH was going to lose his job over one missed day (when half the guys he works with would keel over and die if they put in an actual full week!) anyways...

In true Danielle style, a little light bulb appeared above my head, and an idea for a new blog became reality when I ran out of the house with our camera as the tow truck pulled up. Of course my husband knew exactly what I was doing and found as much amusement in it as I did. Thankfully.....

Backing in....

The injured wheel.... Yeah... can really drive it like that..My poor broke wheel....

Why does this suck so bad? Because right now, this blazer is our only working vehicle. So now we have a day to get it repaired and get DH back to work. I wish our VW wasn't such a giant hunk of shit... But it is life, and after getting through the past year, I think this is less than a minor blip on the radar.

I melt down when anything small happens, but this is going to cost us the price of the repair, plus a day's work. Which to me, will momentary be the end of the world.

No comments: