Sunday, April 18, 2010

Never a Dull Moment

Last night Will & I got together with some friends of ours who visit from NY state every year and made a trip to downtown New Haven for an Irish Dinner at Anna Liffey's followed by a "pub crawl" will full on bagpipes, drums, and lots of pictures!

I must say, for me, seeing this and experiencing it, although the majority of the bagpipers were Scottish, and not Irish, it was so neat!


When I say they were dressed and ready to go, this is what I mean!



Irish Flag in front of Anna Liffey's as they were warming up the bagpipes.


One thing I learned last night is about "warming" the bagpipes up. In order to really play bagpipes properly, you need to play them or warm them up for a good 10 minutes.


Walking down Church Street in New Haven by the Green.


And they walked directly into the next pub.

It was such a neat time, and I was so tickled pink to not only be a part of it, but also to have a night away from the kids, even if it was only for 2 or 3 hours. Much needed time to ourselves! I do think that Camden would have been in his glory! Sorry kiddo! Just a little too young for pubs!

No comments: