Monday, June 14, 2010

Butterfly Project

Anyone that really knows me, also knows that for about 2 months I have been involved in something called The Shelton Butterfly project. I originally got involved though a couple of guys at the fire house who were working with this woman Dee, whose daughter was killed in a car accident in November.

I started out wanting to write something about the project they were working on, but became instantly attached to Dee. She is a warm woman, who I admire and have come to love.She also has a three year old who Camden has become pretty attached to himself.

This past weekend The Shelton Butterfly project held their first annual Butterfly Release in the memory of Dee's daughter Viviana who was a victim in a tragic accident.I took so many pictures, but wanted to share a couple of them from Sunday's events. It was a great turn out, lots of meaning, tears, and hugs.
A lot of the firemen showed up....


Dee awarding the scholarships.

No comments: