Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Busy? That's an UNDERSTATEMENT!

Calling what I have been in the past couple weeks busy would be one of the world's biggest understatements. I have done the amount of things in a 3 week period that most people would space out for three months.First having my wisdom teeth out.
As if that wasn't horrid enough, I scheduled it the week before I was set to take a three day childbirth educator workshop.

I passed with flying colors and I am officially "Lamaze Educated" and now I can start writing my class, and preparing to sit for my Lamaze certification exam. My original plan was to sit for the October exam, but when I learned more during my workshop, I decided I will sit in April, and make sure I am fully prepared. I do not want or need to take the test twice.It also gives me time to observe another class, and write my own course. I saw an example of one woman's class, and almost fainted. It was as thick as some dictionaries I have seen. Although it was only printed on one side. PHEW!

I was home for barely 3 full days from the Passion for Birth workshop when I packed up and left for BlogHer 2010. I was lucky enough to have Lamaze, Kandoo, Go Mama Go Designs, and RJS Designs to sponsor me, so my trip was paid for. I am SO glad I scraped together the sponsorships and was able to go. I had an awesome experience. I wrote a long in full wrap up here, but I will still share a couple pictures.

I went in on Thursday, which was Dad's birthday, so he came with me, helped me get settled in, and then went home for the evening. I am glad he did because there is NO WAY I could have made it around the city with that suitcase without him!


I met up with my roommate Marie, who I absolutely love! We are planning a small weekend vacation to the Jersey Shore in September to visit with her again. She probably was one of my favorite parts of the trip!

Then was the pure insanity of the next two days which included me winning a flip video camera, $100 to diapers.com, coupons up the wazoo from Egglands Best, and of course, the BIG prize, 2 Dell Laptops from the Window's Microsoft Suite on the 43rd floor.



Yes, that is what I went home with. And actually, there were bags on the side of the bed, and stuff piled up in my suitcase also. When Julie (a friend of mine) told me I needed a second suitcase just for swag, I should have listened!

Some other highlights? I met a ton of my favorite bloggers :



Overall I had a totally amazing time. We got to eat a cake from Charm City Cakes, you know the Ace of Cakes people on the Food Network, I made connections with Playskool, Nikon, Fisherprice, Sears/K-Mart, and a ton of other brands. I would say my trip was uber successful.

Now the next couple days is unpacking (still) catching up on e-mails, wading through business cards, re-connecting with those I met, and upping the number of blogs, and twitter accounts I follow so I don't miss anything from my new favorite ladies.

By the way, next August Will & I will be making the trip to San Diego for BlogHer 2011. We have already discussed it, and we are going to make it a vacation with just the two of us, and make it more than just business for me.

No comments: