Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Congrats to Liz!

As most of you who read (since you are family) know my Sister-In-Law Liz just graduated from Southern with her degree in teaching this past May. We were super proud of her accomplishment, and it was exciting to be able to witness her graduation with the kids.

Fast forward to this past week. She learned that there was an opening at the Bridgeport Aquaculture school. Not only did she go there, but I also did when I was in high school, and we both LOVED it! She went on to become a biology teacher after her experience. I wish I could have said the same, but it certainly made me more of an environmental activist.

At the same time that she learned about, and applied for this position, she was offered a position at the high school she went to, and is local to us. We were all super excited for her, but secretly pulling for her to get the job at the Aquaculture school.

As we sat on pins and needles along with her, we learned today that the job at the Aquaculture school was filled, and she will be taking the other position, but let me tell you....
The Aquaculture school is totally going to be missing out...
And our local school is totally going to be benefiting from having her on staff!

Good Job Liz!
We are proud of you!

1 comment:

Liz Fridinger said...

Thank you Danielle, Will, Camden and Ben! I am so appreciative of my family's love and support. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!