Friday, February 18, 2011

Long Week!

Today was a super long week. But it felt SOOOO good to get out of the house repeatedly, even with all my kids in tow!

Wednesday I had my midwife check up, which had been put off for nearly a full month because of the weekly giant snow storms, or ice storms and just nasty winter weather. Everything looked good, baby had a nice strong heartbeat, but my belly is measuring slightly smaller than how far along I am (measuring 26ish weeks when I am almost 29 weeks) and while my midwife isn't too concerned, she ordered an ultrasound to kind of ease my mind, and make sure its nothing.
So Monday afternoon I have to go to Yale for an ultrasound. But my next appointment is with the OB/GYN that will be delivering the baby, and we will be scheduling my c-section. I am not sure how I feel about it all yet, but I have roughly 10 weeks left.

After that, the kids and I headed to DH's work to surprise him on his lunch hour. We have never done that before, and he was SO excited. It was super cute to watch, and all the people there loved the boys. It was a great lunch break.

Then a pit stop at Grandma's house for lunch, and diapers... and finally home. It was an awesome day, oh, and I got paid too which is always a good thing. I really love the blogging gig I have, and it gives me such a sense of accomplishment when payday comes.

Thursday the boys and I picked up my girlfriend Steph, and planned a trip to Ikea. It was a blast, and of course I was able to get the last of the stuff for the nursery, and of course a couple odds and ends I wasn't planning on buying. Isn't that what always happens though?

I posted the list of the goodies I scored on my Momotics Blog... Check it out!

Anyways, the boys even had fun... this is their mini ride around the warehouse of Ikea as Steph and I waited for Will to text me back about an unexpected purchase... I figured I would at least give him a heads up.



Overall, I didn't do too bad, and I don't have ANYTHING left to get. I am done shopping for the nursery.

Anyways, it was really nice to get out of the house for a couple days with the kids, and even better since we hit a record high of 67 degrees yesterday during that Ikea trip.

I am so ready for the winter to be over though. Now I have spring fever!

No comments: