Thursday, June 16, 2011

Addie & Ben's Check Ups!

First I will start off with Ben! He had his 2 year check up last Friday and it went great! He is 25 pounds and has grown 3 inches since he last check up in December. A huge gain, which I am not surprised about... pretty soon he will be passing Camden right by!

It was a little bit of a traumatic appointment though, so I am really glad Will was able to come with us. He had to have his finger pricked to check his iron levels, which I guess is pretty typical. On top of that he got his DTaP vaccine, one of the ones we have decided to have the kids get. And last, but probably the most traumatic, he had to get blood drawn to test for led. Apparently we did the same thing for Camden at his 2 year visit, but I didn't remember. I think it was more traumatic for me than him.

He also got about 6 stickers out of the deal. We really love our pediatrician, and I am so glad we found her right after Ben was born. We were happy with our old Pedi... although the office staff sucked! We were sad to go, but not sad to say goodbye to the office itself!



Then there was Addie's 6 week check up on Friday as well. She is growing like a weed! She was up to 7 pounds 14 ounces at that visit, and at 21 inches... Meaning she has grown an inch and a half, and gained over 2 pounds since birth, and she is gaining daily!

I am certainly again, excited that breastfeeding is going so well this time around. Even though she is a snacker I know she is getting everything she needs! She is also making huge hurdles with milestones like the length of time she is holding her head up, how she is following things and people with her eyes, and stuff like that. The pediatrician was surprised how long she could hold her head up on her own. (Dr. D also has a baby exactly one week older than Addie)

In the past week Addie has been staying up longer and becoming more aware of things going on around her for sure. She likes the baby carriers better than she did. I have been able to wear her in the Ergo as well as the Mei Tai this week for different things.

She is also starting to finally out grow her newborn clothes. Only a couple more wears out of a couple outfits, and then they are going to get packed away. I am going to be so sad to see some of them go since they are incredibly cute!

No comments: