Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Loopsy Obsession

We have a new obsession in our house... La La Loopsy dolls. It started with passing conversations between me and my BFF Kaitlyn. Her daughter Kami is two and a half and loves them.

I figured it is just one of those things all little girls get into at one age? Why not start Addie soon? Well this past week while checking out Target for a couple odds and ends I needed for the house, I went to check out their selection of Loopsy's, and of course see how much these things cost.


That is when I spotted Trinket Sparkle. They had a couple different Loopsy's but this one stood out to me the most because of the little kitty. So this became Addie's first Loopsy doll. I took the small bracelet off her wrist and put it away for safe keeping till she is a little older and she has been having a blast with it.

Well, being the crazy Mom I am, when we went to Toys R Us last night for some birthday gift's for Benjamin, I had to scope out their section of Loopsy's and see if they had any Loopsy Little's since those are really the only age appropriate ones Addison can play with.

They had about fifty of the same doll - but it wasn't Miss Trinket Sparkles... It was a different adorable doll called Specs Reads A-Lot!


In the cart she went. I figured another $17 wasn't going to kill us when we were going all out for Ben's birthday.  Plus I didn't see this one when I was scouting Loopsy dolls at Target.

I have a feeling this is going to turn into one of those collect them all things. I posted to Kaitlyn this morning on Facebook...

I just bought another Loopsie Little. Can we start a support group for this? I can see it going in a bad direction! 

Her reply?

Haha! I cannot help you with this! My addiction is bad! I've been stalking the facebook Loopsy page for days because they have been announcing the four new littles (but they have only showed us 2 of the 4 so far)!

Oh boy! Here we go! 

Tomorrow is Benjamin's third birthday, Friday he is going into the hospital to be sedated so they can fill the one surface cavity he has, and then Saturday we will be heading to the Zoo for their birthday celebration! (Benjamin needs to be sedated because of his initial reaction to the dental chair, poor baby)

Busy week in the Elwood House!

1 comment:

Kaitlyn*Kami*Noah said...

Just saw this post...made me laugh! We went Loopsy hunting yesterday:):):)