Friday, June 25, 2010

What's Going On?

Lots of stuff going on in the Elwood Household these days! First off, today is my 25th birthday. Although we don't really celebrate adult birthdays anymore, I got a beautiful hand made blanket from my Mother-In-Law this past weekend. It is pink, brown, and white, one of my favorite color combination's! It is in our bed already!

But besides the fact that I am getting old, I have a ton of exciting stuff. I will start at the top.
BlogHer!

Every day that gets closer to the BlogHer conference in New York City, the more excited I get, the more news, sponsorships, and opportunities are opening. I secured 4 sponsors, although small, very helpful. They are Lamaze, Kandoo (a pampers company), RJS Designs, and Go Mama Go Designs. I have a couple other e-mails to get back to, so that list may or may not expand. But it certainly has made me ABLE to go and make the most of this opportunity. I am beyond thankful.

Second? We are switching Benjamin to cloth diapers. Camden is almost fully out of diapers, and I want to cut back the costs any way I can. We average $100 a month at the least for diapers. I struck up a deal with a Canadian company called Apple Cheeks. I am getting a FULL time supply of cloth diapers for free. I am going to make it into a long term cloth diaper project and make a series of posts about it on Momotics, as well as giving the company a year of advertising on my blog. It worked out well.

I got an e-mail from the website Nick Parents Connect. It is a parenting website powered by Nick Jr. and they wanted to review some samples of my writing to offer me a freelance writing position. I have my fingers crossed, but I am beyond excited.

During all of this, my mothers almost became Dorthy when a TORNADO went through their small Lordship community. I could not believe it today when the National Weather Service came out and CONFIRMED it was a Tornado! WOW!

No comments: